Welcome!!!!

Friday, November 15, 2013

Canning peaches


I am so grateful my mother in law Maxine taught me how to can peaches this summer. it was nice to be taught how to do something to preserve what you have in the summer that can be saved for the winter.
now it makes me more excited to get fruit trees for our house in the mean time both sides of the family have some that I can pick from.. Peaches, apples, cherries, and apricots whatever falls to the gowned my goats will eat or becomes compost. Its nice to know that we try not to waste as much as we can. :)  



Cutting and pealing the peaches is the hardest and most time consuming. 



I would like to say Abby she was helping, but really she just enjoyed eating the yummy cut up peaches. :) 


We put 1/4 cup of sugar some people put less some people put more also you want to put boiling water in afterwards and then we need to wipe off the bottles before putting the lids to get ready for the next step.


This is the step where the canning pot seals the cans with the specific temperature and pressure build up that is needed for the can sealing process. 




And now its time to wait 24 hours for the cans to seal completely!!! Yeah!! Hard labor done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment